|
|
comments (0)
|
Lonzo Ball has missed the last 11 Laker games. In that time the team is 4-7 with a bottom 10 offense and defense, and they have been outscored by 9.4 points per 100 possessions. Granted, LeBron James was out for a number of those games as well, but even LeBron is talking about how much Ball is missed in the rotation.
The Lakers could be missing him a while longer.
While we are starting to approach the ballpark return date projected for Ball’s Grade 3 ankle sprain, he could miss more time due to a bone bruise in the ankle, reports Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times.
Ball moved quickly through the early stages of his rehab. He used crutches for about a week and wore a protective boot on his left ankle for less time than that.
Ball began running on an underwater treadmill two weeks ago and last week he began work on an antigravity treadmill, but was limited because of the bone bruise.
Ball injured his ankle back on January 19 and it looked bad when it happened.
The Lakers could use him as they make a push down the stretch to get into the playoffs — the Laker defense is 3.4 points per 100 possessions better when Ball is on the court this season. The Lakers, 29-29, enter Saturday as the 10th seed in the West, three games back of the Clippers in the eighth seed and final playoff spot. The Sacramento Kings are also between the Lakers and the postseason — to get in the Lakers are going to need to go on a LeBron-led run. Ball would help with that, but it may be a little while longer before we see him on the court.

|
|
comments (0)
|
On a hilly street in Pasadena’s San Rafael neighborhood, this home has a midcentury look outside and a timeless vibe inside.
The two-bedroom residence, built in 1954, holds hardwood floors, one and a half bathrooms, an open floorplan, central air conditioning and heating, and custom walnut bookcases.
The outdoor space is largely hardscape, but all that concrete creates a flat space for outdoor dining or space for kids to play.
The dwelling’s detached two-car garage could be repurposed as a practice space, studio, or other use and proximity to the house makes for added convenience.
The house at 946 Burleigh Drive is listed with Keith Couser of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage for $779,000.
A weekly email of LA’s best homes—for sale, for rent, and for ogling, sent on Saturday

|
|
comments (0)
|
TORONTO (AP) — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says he has already offered presumed No. 1 overall draft pick Zion Williamson advice on enjoying the process of entering the league.
Silver, who appears on the latest episode of PodcastOne Sports Now with AP Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds, also says he sees no reason to intervene with the drama that has surrounded the Los Angeles Lakers in recent weeks. He says he's monitoring matters, but adds that it's his understanding that owner Jeanie Buss and former team president Magic Johnson have simply decided they're better off as friends and not business partners.
Williamson is likely to go No. 1 overall to New Orleans. David Griffin has taken over as the executive in charge of the basketball operation for the Pelicans, and Silver says his sense is that "Griff is the right guy at the right time" for that franchise — one that may have to decide whether to trade star center Anthony Davis in the coming weeks or months.
Silver also discusses the FIBA World Cup that will be held in China this summer, the fascination with free agency and the excitement level in Toronto for the NBA Finals between the Raptors and the two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors.
Also on the program: Raptors coach Nick Nurse talks about Canada's excitement level, Warriors coach Steve Kerr tells how he missed a game-winner once in Toronto's baseball stadium, and Reynolds and fellow AP Basketball Writer Brian Mahoney realize they have no idea how to properly pronounce the name of the city that has played host to Games 1 and 2 of the title series.
___
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
|
|
comments (0)
|
Home at 236 S. Larchmont Blvd. which is still being used by the Jane Club for member events and services.Back in June of this year, the Jane Club, a new organization offering workspace, events, personal services and childcare for entertainment industry professionals, opened in a residence at 236 S. Larchmont Blvd. But even before it launched, neighbors began objecting to the operation of the business at a residentially-zoned property. Later in June, however, Jane Club representatives told the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council’s Land Use Committee, which was looking into the possibly illegal property use, that the organization was searching for a new location and hoped to move by September of this year.
Click to see full size flier.In the last few weeks, however, neighbors have reported disturbances and parking issues from at least two nighttime events at the Club, on October 9 and October 18. The Buzz has also received a flier announcing yet another event scheduled for this Friday, November 2. And neighbors remain upset about the activity.
Throughout the year, a number of complaints about the ongoing business use of the property have been submitted to the Department of Building and Safety…but most have been closed with either no findings or referrals to other departments, with no subsequent actions so far. On September 17, however, a report of “Miscellaneous Complaints” did result in a citation and Order to Comply for an over-height fence, as well as several unspecified “HPOZ Violations.”
According to Lauren Alba, Public Relations Specialist in the Department of City Planning, the violations were:
While these items are physical in nature and not directly related to the business use of the residential property, Alba also noted that they will trigger an opportunity for public comments.
“Per the City’s HPOZ Ordinance (LAMC 12.20.3.I), a public hearing is not required,” Alba told the Buzz. “However, a public meeting is required. At this meeting, the proposed correction of the code enforcement conditions will be presented to the Windsor Square HPOZ Board. The Board can decide to approve the work if they find that it conforms to the guidelines of the Windsor Square Preservation Plan or deny the work if they find that it does not conform with the Plan’s guidelines. ”
While no date for that meeting has been set yet, neighbor Jennifer Rissier shared a response she received from City Council Member David Ryu’s Senior Planner, Emma Howard, who said she doesn’t expect the HPOZ meeting to happen until “after the holidays.”
Meanwhile, Ryu’s Communications Deputy, Mark Pampanin, told the Buzz that the Council Office is also now trying to work with the property owners, who lease the building to the Jane Club, to resolve the situation. Pampanin said, “We are aware of the continued events at the property and are making sure Building & Safety is aware as well.”
Elizabeth Fuller was born and raised in Minneapolis, MN but has lived in LA since 1991 - first in the Sycamore Square neighborhood, and since 2012 in West Adams Heights/Sugar Hill. She was long-time board member of the Sycamore Square Neighborhood Association, currently serves on the board of the West Adams Heights/Sugar Hill Neighborhood Association, spent 10 years with the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council, volunteers at Wilshire Crest Elementary School, and is the co-owner/publisher of the Buzz.
|
|
comments (0)
|
Caroline Deroche Pasquier has joined the Stella McCartney brand as its new chief marketing officer. Pasquier replaces Stephane Jaspar, who stepped down from the role in March after spending sixteen years with Stella McCartney.
Pasquier brings nearly 20 years of experience to the role, according to her LinkedIn page. She most recently held the role of SVP of global public relations and brand communications with Coach in New York. Previously, she worked as communications director with Givenchy and press directors with Louis Vuitton.
WWD reports that Pasquier will report to Stella McCartney's, CEO Frederick Lukoff, in her new role and will be based out of London. She will direct strategies across all communications channels to help communicate the brand vision.

|
|
comments (0)
|
LeBron James served up a tweet late Sunday night that, if the stars align, could serve as a flash point to one of the greatest, most anticipated modern-day duels in history -- a one-on-one with Michael Jordan.
Or maybe not. But James' sarcastic reply to a tweeted NBC Sports promotional video featuring Jordan teasing about solving the GOAT debate -- about Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers -- could go a long way toward stirring the pot.
The jest came just a day after James continued to climb the career scoring list, passing Dirk Nowitzki for sixth place in the Los Angeles Lakers' loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Nowitzki told ESPN's Tim MacMahon that James will end up as the top scorer ever to play the game.
It was also James' 432nd career 30-point game, which passed Kobe Bryant for fourth on that list and evoked a number that Jordan fans knew well with a season-high 35 points, putting his career total at 31,202.
James has Jordan's 32,292 points for fourth place in his sights and could pass it this season.
But James would have a tough time catching Jordan in career scoring average -- James boosted his to 27.2 after Saturday's game, with Jordan at 30.1 -- and of course NBA titles, with James holding three to Jordan's six. James does hold the edge in rebounds, at 7.4 vs. 6.2 per game, and assists, with a 7.2 average vs. Jordan's 5.3.
Information from ESPN's Dave McMenamin was used in this report.

|
|
comments (0)
|
Beyonce has bought out Philip Green from her Ivy Park line after allegations of his sexual misconduct. Beyonce had teamed with the billionaire owner of the Arcadia group in 2014 to create her popular athletic streetwear line, which ultimately launched in 2016 via the Arcadia Group’s Topshop.
The ownership of Ivy Park was originally a 50-50 split, however Beyonce’s company Parkwood has now bought Greens 50 percent share for an undisclosed amount. Green’s reputation has spiraled downwards since he was accused of harassment, sexual misconduct and racism last month, however both parties insist that discussion of this deal predate Green’s accusations.
The Ivy Park brand said in a statement: “After discussions of almost a year, Parkwood has acquired 100% of the Ivy Park brand. Topshop/Arcadia will fulfil the existing orders.”

|
|
comments (0)
|
Amsterdam-based lingerie label Love Stories has launched an exclusive collection with luxury e-tailer Net-a-Porter, just in time for Valentine’s Day. With a color palette dominated by muted pink and warm rust shades, the collection was inspired by Paris in the 1970s, when Jane Birkin met Serge Gainsbourg. Prices range from 40 euros (45 US dollars or 35 pounds) to 180 euros (205 Us dollars or 161 pounds).
The collaboration with Net-a-Porter marks yet another step in the expansion of the Dutch brand founded by Marloes Hoedeman in 2013. In June, the label teamed up with fast fashion giant H&M for a 20-item collaborative capsule of lingerie, sleepwear and accessories.
Images: courtesy of Love Stories
|
|
comments (0)
|
The Oscar-winning actor and director owned the home for 15 years

Robert Redford and his St. Helena, Calif. estate (Credit: Getty Images, Pacific Union International)
The founder of Sundance Film Festival is celebrating more than one closing this week.
Actor-director Robert Redford has sold his house in the wine country three months after listing it, the Los Angeles Times reported. The country house sold for $7 million, about half a million less than he and his wife, artist Sibylle Szaggars, originally asked for.
Sitting atop a 10-acre spread in St. Helena, the property includes a European style country house with a detached artist studio, workshop, outdoor patios, swimming pool and redwood hot tub. The main house has three bedrooms and four bathrooms within 5,300 square feet.
Gardens and hiking trails surround the gated estate.
Redford bought the property in 2004, records show.
Steven Mavromihalis of Pacific Union International handled both ends of the deal.
The Santa Monica native is best known for his roles in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” “All the President’s Men,” and “The Natural.” He won an Oscar for directing “Ordinary People,” which was nominated for six Academy Awards.
The filmmaker also founded the nonprofit Sundance Institute, which puts on the popular Sundance Film Festival each year. The 2019 festival ended Sunday in Park City. [LAT] – Natalie Hoberman

|
|
comments (0)
|
The school board has been split on key issues, including how to deal with the growing number of privately operated charter schools, which compete with district schools for students. Board members also have been divided on how to deal with serious budget problems, but they have united behind a June parcel tax that could raise about $500 million a year for the nation’s second-largest school system.